Published on 18 Sep 19
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- determining when a gain is on capital account or a revenue profit
- the different tax treatment between a profit-making scheme and carrying on a business of property development
- what is included and excluded in calculating a profit
- the different taxing points
- what happens when property changes from capital account to revenue account and vice versa
- managing your risks as the advisor
- managing risks in an ATO audit.
David is Nexia Australia’s National Tax Director, providing tax technical and strategic support to Nexia offices across Australia. Prior to commencing this role in 2019, David had 26 years of experience in taxation and business advisory, with the last 15 years in specialist taxation consulting, leading Nexia Perth's Tax Consulting Division. Particular areas of specialty include business restructures, property transactions, Capital Gains Tax, Division 7A and business sales. David's approach is to deliver solutions-based outcomes that assist clients in making important decisions concerning their businesses.
- Current at
22 October 2020