Published on 17 Jul 20
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- managing control of family trusts - understanding the legal mechanisms
- what should the power of appointment provide?
- key considerations if variation is required
- how to best manage trust control
- restrictions on related party benefit provisions in trust deeds.
Daniel enjoys solving complex taxation and trust law issues for private enterprise clients. He is also a trusted confidant in planning the succession of his client’s personal and business affairs. Daniel is a Chartered Tax Advisor with The Tax Institute, accredited as a specialist in Taxation Law with the Law Institute of Victoria, and the principal author of the Trust Structures Guide published by The Tax Institute. Since 2016, Daniel has appeared in the list of one of Australia's “Best Lawyers of the Year” in the practice of tax law. The list is compiled by Best Lawyers and published in the Australian Financial Review. Daniel has also been recognised in Doyles Guide as a recommended tax lawyer since 2016. Daniel is a regular presenter at state and national industry conventions, conferences and workshops.
- Current at
12 August 2021
Magdalena is a Senior Associate with Sladen Legal.
- Current at
03 December 2020