Published on 10 Mar 22
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This podcast covers:
- An update as to the current status of the Government review project
- Provide an overview of new treaties being negotiated and key features we can expect in those treaties
- Detail any key changes being considered in relation to existing treaties
- Outline current trends and issues arising in relation to tax treaties, and
- Consider non-discrimination following the High Court decision in Addy.
Richard is Challis Professor of Law at the University of Sydney and has taught at Harvard and NYU Law Schools and the Universities of Amsterdam, London and Oxford. Richard has worked in the past at the IMF and OECD and held many Government consultancies in Australia and elsewhere. He has been a consultant for specialist tax firm Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills since 1985. Richard specialises in corporate and international taxation on which he has published widely both in Australia and internationally.
- Current at
15 June 2022