Published on 25 Oct 05
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- identifying entity joint ventures, joint venture operations and co-owners
- comparative tax effectiveness of entity joint ventures and joint venture operations
- mixed investment and development joint venture operations issues
- the two entity developer model for income tax
- GST joint ventures and avoidance activities
- stamp duty and land custodian issues
- taxation consequences of restructuring joint venture operations
- documentation and financing and security issues.
Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and State tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcement. Ron specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist Tax Law and member of the Tax Law Advisory Committee with the Law Institute of Victoria. He is a member of the Property and Commercial Law Committee of the Law Society of Tasmania. Ron is a Chartered Tax Advisor and member and former chair of the States Taxes Committee (Vic) of The Tax Institute. Ron was recognised by Doyle’s Guide Leading Tax Lawyer - Victoria for 2015 to 2021 and Best Lawyers for tax law - Australia 2021 and Global 2021.
- Current at
16 July 2021