Seminar and Convention papers from all Taxation Institute events are available online to be downloaded in PDF format.
Seminar papers and presentations
The Tax Institute runs over 300 CPD seminars a year and the majority of our speakers dedicate considerable time and effort in preparing and writing papers and presentations. All papers and powerpoint presentations provided by the speakers from our seminars are available through the website individually or through a Tax Knowledge eXchange subscription.
Finding a paper or presentation
To find a paper you can either scroll through the list at the bottom of this page or use the right hand side Paper Search to refine your search criteria. Enter Keyword, State of Event and Date Range. For a more detailed search use our Advanced Search facility.
03 Jun 2022 |
Crown Sydney & Online |
This event covered seven interactive and practical sessions showcasing Australia's most influential leaders, who shared their experiences and insights to help you make change that matters. This included:
- Increase your capacity to generate real change and extraordinary results
- Optimising the remote working model
- Nurturing the leaders of tomorrow
- Enabling all diversity in your workplace
- A balanced approach to defining success
- Affecting positive change to enhance your wellbeing
- Be equipped, empowered and free to choose the change you want.
26 May 2022 |
Crown Conference Centre & Online |
The Tax Institute have once again gathered some of the greatest minds in the industry and with the help of the organising committee, have put together another fantastic forum tackling issues that are front of mind such as:
- Justin Dearness, Australian Taxation Office; Paul Sokolowski, CTA, Arnold Bloch Leibler and Yina Tang, CTA, Pitcher Partners discussing their views on the recently published s100A and Div 7A ATO guidance materials with some insight into how this affects taxpayers and what practitioners should be aware of
- Cryptocurrency and digital assets as a whole is already a major investment type and strategy. Yet when it comes to understanding the tax consequences of such investments, most would say it is still largely ‘untested’. Join us for a two session breakdown of Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and NFTs
- Build to rent – a fast growing investment choice of developers but what does it really mean and what are the tax issues that developers should be aware of? Matt Ervin, KPMG and Rebecca Lawrence, CTA, KPMG who specialise in this space will share some of their insights
- Additionally, we are pleased to include an array of exceptional keynote speakers including: Bernard Salt AM, The Demographics Group; Kirsten Fish, CTA, Second Commissioner for Law Design and Practice, Australian Taxation Office and Karen Payne, CTA, Inspector-General of Taxation and Taxation Ombudsman.
28 Apr 2022 |
Crown Sydney & Online |
Investment in infrastructure is critical for creating the conditions in which our economy can continue to grow in the post COVID recovery period. Governments in Australia are increasingly looking to the private sector to develop and maintain roads, ports, pipelines, renewable energy and other essential infrastructure assets. There are record levels of M&A transactions involving infrastructure and energy transactions.
Our conference program provided an outstanding array of speakers and topics. Nancy Tchou from Morgan Stanley, Jeremy Thorpe from PwC and James Beeston together with Ryan Kinsella from the ATO delivered keynote addresses. We were also delighted to have The Hon. Justice Logan address us on expert evidence, as well as a broad range of Australian Taxation Office, corporate and advisory speakers.
13 Apr 2022 |
This practical and interactive session sought to extract and explore the key principles of revenue vs capital for both income and deductions.
06 Apr 2022 |
The Westin Perth |
This event covered a range of tax issues that confront us in the ever-changing environment we work in. With an emphasis on the practical resolution of issues, it looked at the role of the revenue authority in the post-covid environment, delve into the world of digital assets and looked at challenging employment tax issues faced by employers operating a mobile workforce. The program also explored the important issue of mental health in the workplace.
30 Mar 2022 |
Bringing together expert speakers from across the country, delegates walked away with an up-to-date and enhanced understanding of a range of topical subject areas including pensions, contributions, SMSF audit and tax as well as SMSF residency and foreign transfers. Delegates were given a status update of relevant legislation over the past 12 months and hear from the regulator on their key areas of focus. As an added bonus, the final session brought together a panel of our speakers to discuss the practical issues during the lifecycle of an SMSF and answer questions from delegates.
23 Mar 2022 |
Adelaide Oval |
This event covered a range of tax issues that confront us in the ever-changing environment we work in. With an emphasis on the practical resolution of issues, the event looked at such areas as the latest developments in structuring professional practices, heard about the challenging employment tax issues faced by employers operating a mobile workforce and provided advanced strategies for dealing with trust structures and small business CGT concessions.
16 Mar 2022 |
Establishment Hotel Sydney & Online |
This event provided both technical insights and practical tips for resolving tax disputes. The different perspectives of our wide variety of presenters, from senior ATO officers to members of the tax bar and experienced Tax Controversy professionals, brought fresh thinking to the nuanced challenge of seeking to resolve a tax dispute.
15 Mar 2022 |
Cliftons & Online |
With a local and topical line-up of sessions and presenters, the Local Tax Club Series will deliver quintessential and hot topics which affect you and your clients. This event provided insights into the tax policy and administration matters and a tax update.
10 Mar 2022 |
Crown Sydney & Online |
The Tax Institute’s Financial Services Taxation Conference has long been the leading conference for financial services taxation professionals in Australia.
The conference had many highlights including the OECD update presented by Pascal Saint-Amans, Part IVA perspectives from Peter Walmsley, Kristen Deards SC and The Hon. Tony Pagone QC, capital management and M&A insights from Barrenjoey, Citi, Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills and EY, as well as several technical, reform and tax governance topics. We also heard from senior ATO officers about the areas of key focus for financial services.